Student Learning Outcomes
The institution’s objective is to provide specialized and supervised training in the field of TCM,TCM herbal dietary therapy and TCM Tui Na massage therapy. To realize its mission, IOM graduates will achieve proficiency in:
· Making accurate differential diagnosis according to TCM and becoming skilled in choosing treatment principles, related modalities, Tui Na, and TCM herbs;
·The application of various acupuncture and related techniques, Tui Na, and the use of TCM herbs;
· Students a comprehensive curriculum in TCM - enabling them to competently deliver care in TCM herbal dietary therapy, Tui Na therapy, and health preservation skills (such as Tai Ji Quan and Qi Gong).
· TCM diet and exercise / meditation in order to advise patients about lifestyle issues;
·Basic Western medicine and able to make appropriate referrals when necessary;
· Communicating in a professional and knowledgeable manner about TCM to relevant healthcare professionals; ethical, compassionate, and professional in conduct with patients and peers;
·Establishing a successful clinical practice and understand various legal aspects of practicing Chinese medicine;
·Critically analyzing research reports on TCM and Western medicine
· Participating in state and national professional organizations, and to promote TCM.
IOM is looking for students who have a realistic view of education and show the desire, motivation, and firm commitment to become dedicated, compassionate and skilled practitioners of TCM. This assessment is made by the admissions committee. The committee will review each applicant from numerous perspectives, including academic achievement, professional and life experiences, communication skills, and motivation. The program requires a high commitment to learning a number of difficult skills. IOM has a non-discrimination policy. Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to handicap, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, race, or national or ethnic origin. This policy applies to all matters within the school